View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:56 am

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Newbie with lots of questions 
Site Admin

Annular boosters will help a lot, and I don't think a 650 would hurt with annulars. BLP can configure it with either boosters.

Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:44 pm

Thanks again Mark, I will see how I go with BLP and let you know. Cheers Graeme

Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:54 am

Quote:
Salutations to the Land of Vegemite.

LOL. That stuff tastes like shit.

Cant you find a weber manifold?

Hysteric

Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:27 am

Hi Hysteric, yep your right vegemite definitely takes an acquired taste. Do you mean a quad weber manifold to take either DCOE's or IDF's? I would like to go that direction but bonnet / hood clearance is a big issue.

Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:11 am

Mark, I was looking on another forum and saw that you posted in early April the following comment "A 600 with annulars would have needed minimal t-slot operation as the mains would be active fairly soon in the throttle opening".

Do you know who makes or where I can get a 600 with annulars?

After talking to BLP they recommended their 600 but with straight boosters. We also emailed back and forth a bit and I enquired more about annulars but the response came back straight boosters, not down leg let alone annualar. Not what I expected when I am wanting fine atomisation to enhance throttle response as best I can - especially with a single plane manifold.

Nothing against BLP at all.......it was just the advice I was given.

Thanks again, Graeme

Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:53 am
Site Admin

If you look at a Quadrajet and how small the primary throttle bores are, it has a double booster for more complete atomization. From there it's a matter of tuning the amount of fuel needed for idle, transition, and main operation.

Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:33 am

Thanks again Mark for your advice. The manifold I have on there now is not for a spreadbore so I might look as this one. It looks like a modern Qjet but fits on a square bore.
http://www.demoncarbs.com/1901.asp

Cheers Graeme

Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:21 pm

Graeme:

If it were me i would collect a few different carbs/main bodies cheap off of ebay or swap meets and have them installed with different boosters to try and see which your engine prefers.

Hume performance in sydney will install the boosters for you if you cant get a tool from somone to swage them in yourself.

I would also try the Carter/Eddie(Carter preferably) carbs as well since they can be picked up cheap and modded as well.

Which ever way you go it will involve experimentation and getting a grasp of the different carbs............shit try the Rochester and Thermoquad as well!

Hysteric

Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:03 pm
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2