View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:55 am

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Throttle clearance inspection 

I bought my tubing for the accelerator tube modification from McMaster carr. They are far from the cheapest but they are fast and always have the hard to find things I need. Looks like Teflon strip is $10 for a 6" by 12" piece and a 11/32 od-.316 Id x 1" is 3.34 plus shipping. I will have to check our ace hardware. They have way more than any other ACE I have ever been too but I have never seen any fine brass tubing.

This might not be a "performance" build but I know I will have it apart a few dozen times and I wanted to do the secondary cam and like that it also included bolts and extra springs. But now I am waffling. Napa's kits are about 1/3 the price and I found you can get extra bowl gaskets though them. Maybe I will just order some throttle screws and the secondary cam/spring.

Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:06 pm

Ruggles kits are nice quality. Gaskets seem to be better than what comes in a parts store kit (or maybe I've not found the "right" parts store kit. The Ruggles accel pumps are nice.

Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:25 pm

My ACE didn't have tubing. I may go look at Hobby Lobby or Hobby Town in Lincoln if I get a chance to base line dyno my car Saturday.

Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:01 am
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2