View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:06 pm

Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Holley 3418-1 855VS L-88 

In my old Holley book ( Ulrich & Fisher ) 1976@ revised 8-1978 that i bought in LA 1978 when i was a service technician trainee student at B&M transmission, on the top picture page 132 one can clearly see that type of a small drill hole ( bowl fed restriction) in to the "intermediate" idle well. Metering block for 6214, 6464 Model 4500 but that's another deal. some one might have copied that idle feed idea
By the way now when Tuner talks about Holley prices back in the day, i remember that i hade the bill for the Holley book for 25 years something laying in the book and it would have been pretty cool to still have the bill.
What i do remember talking about prices.is that i bought a -70 BOSS 429 mustang up at Victorvil outside LA in 1977 with just some rely minor dents in the hood and the back right corner panel for just 2600$ everything has not become cheaper with the years passing on.
Well it would have been so much cooler to still have the BOSS Mustang, sold it two years later in Sweden for 8200$ seemed to bee a good
transaction at the time.

Fri May 19, 2017 11:22 am

Tobbemek wrote:
In my old Holley book ( Ulrich & Fisher ) 1976@ revised 8-1978 that i bought in LA 1978 when i was a service technician trainee student at B&M transmission, on the top picture page 132 one can clearly see that type of a small drill hole ( bowl fed restriction) in to the "intermediate" idle well. Metering block for 6214, 6464 Model 4500 but that's another deal. some one might have copied that idle feed idea
By the way now when Tuner talks about Holley prices back in the day, i remember that i hade the bill for the Holley book for 25 years something laying in the book and it would have been pretty cool to still have the bill.
What i do remember talking about prices.is that i bought a -70 BOSS 429 mustang up at Victorvil outside LA in 1977 with just some rely minor dents in the hood and the back right corner panel for just 2600$ everything has not become cheaper with the years passing on.
Well it would have been so much cooler to still have the BOSS Mustang, sold it two years later in Sweden for 8200$ seemed to bee a good
transaction at the time.

Thanks. I found that picture in my Urich/Fisher book which is the 1987 edition on page 122.

Same numbers as yours and goes on to state that Mopar (Chrysler) blocks are used. Yes it shows the flat cup plug with the well with a cross hole at the top.

Fri May 19, 2017 6:59 pm
Site Admin

You guys are mixing elements of the 3-circuit block and intermediate circuit fuel feed orifice with a 3418 secondary block which is definitely 2-circuit. The flat well plug in the 3-circuit block is the holder for the idle tube, and that idle tube holder is about 1/3 the length of the emulsion tube holder and does not protrude as deep into the block. The 3-circuit blocks were made from Mopar emission control carb primary blocks so the 'angle channel' is angled, whereas in the 3418 secondary block that passage connecting the main well to the booster passage in the body is horizontal.

Fri May 19, 2017 7:34 pm

Shore know that the pictures in Holley book is showing 3 sircute metering blocks, and yes mixing elements

Tobbemek wroth
Quote:
type of a small drill hole ( bowl fed restriction) in to the "intermediate" idle well. Metering block for 6214, 6464 Model 4500 but that's another deal

just pointing out that there is an existing idea of bowl feed idle restriction from Holley and some one might piked that idea up

Sat May 20, 2017 4:03 am
Reply to topic   [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3