View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:36 pm

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Holley 670 Street Avenger 0-80670-3 calibration 

jmarkaudio wrote:
Look at the jetting on a 650 DP, it's 67/73 on later calibrations with a primary PV. might be a good place to start. Bring the RPM's up to about 2500, put your finger over an idle air bleed see if it gains or loses RPM. If it gains its lean, if it loses more than a small amount it may be rich.

That looks about like what I stated above. Rears to the front (67) and go up on the rears. I think I bought 74s back then and it was close enough. You can do the rpm thing or get a WBO2 if you want to be better than good enough.

Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:18 pm

Texasdoc wrote:
jmarkaudio wrote:
Look at the jetting on a 650 DP, it's 67/73 on later calibrations with a primary PV. might be a good place to start. Bring the RPM's up to about 2500, put your finger over an idle air bleed see if it gains or loses RPM. If it gains its lean, if it loses more than a small amount it may be rich.

That looks about like what I stated above. Rears to the front (67) and go up on the rears. I think I bought 74s back then and it was close enough. You can do the rpm thing or get a WBO2 if you want to be better than good enough.

Do you know what you used for the primary idle air bleed size? This one seems a little big to me at .081" but maybe its not that far off. My 750 Quick Fuel race carb has .078" IAB and a .035" IFR but it's a 4 corner idle carb and this Street Avenger is a 2 corner idle.

Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:27 pm

I never knew what they were. That was before I got the Quick Fuel that was adjustable and started learning how to really tune with a WBO2. If I remember correctly, they were the typical holley pressed in bleeds and were not adjustable. I just did the jet swap, set the primary throttle blades so there was a square bit of transfer slot showing, then used the secondary throttle adjustment to set the idle. I adjusted the vacuum secondary opening by changing the spring, set the choke, then called it good. The rest was stock Holley.

Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:08 pm

mod71m wrote:
Do you know what you used for the primary idle air bleed size? This one seems a little big to me at .081" but maybe its not that far off. My 750 Quick Fuel race carb has .078" IAB and a .035" IFR but it's a 4 corner idle carb and this Street Avenger is a 2 corner idle.

Thats how the 2 corner idle stuff usually is .o70's-.o80's on the primary and .o25-.o35 on the secondaries to pull it threw the base plate leg of the idle circuit, to the secondary idle discharge.

Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:28 pm

Update on this. I ended up leaving the stock calibration from Holley except for 67 primary jets and 74 secondary. Also I used an 8.5 power valve.

It runs great but I do think the idle/transition circuit is a little rich yet. He doesn't seem to be in too much of a hurry to work on the carb tune more since it runs good as is so I'm not sure if/when I will be able to piddle with it more. If I do I will be sure to report back.

Wed May 17, 2017 12:38 pm
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2