View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:29 am

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 Fuel pump and regulator setup E85 

I'm building a fuel system for my E85 carbed 13:1 compression 408W. I have a magnafuel Prostar 500 pump with the built in 8AN return port, Aeromotive after filter, 10AN ptfe fuel line (~12 feet) and a Holley 12-707 (non-return style) regulator, 6AN lines from regulator to carb. Carb is a Mark Sullen 950. Motor may make 600-650 hp at the crank. After doing some "after thought" research, I need opinions/experience on my planned setup and pump. Some say to plug the pump bypass and run a return style regulator, some say plumb it like the magnafuel diagram. Some say they have high pressure problems or pressure "creeping up" with the pump having a factory out put around 28 psi. I've read where some "clip coils" off the bypass spring or install a lighter spring to drop pump output pressure. I don't have predetermined answers I'm looking for, just looking for dependable install. Let's hear your thoughts. Will it work as planned or does something need changed/modified?

Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:13 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]