View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:24 pm

Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Plug pics, what do they tell 

JETFAST wrote:
you are looking for it, and you have the right mentality about it. you are understanding it as i do, and with that being said this is how i look at it.

colder plug is just like retarding the timing. instead of doing it threw ignition, you are doing it with plug. as you go colder the plug is more insulated, and has removed/retarded/retreated itself from the flame front. now that you are on to the colder plug, and understanding how it is working for your set up.....you can now increase the ignition timing, because going to the colder plug has given you room to do so.

As long as it is picking up mph, keep adding fuel until you loose mph. once you get the fuel and mph where you like it looking, and good color on the plugs......then start forcing the timing and mph.

As long as your idle circut/transition is clean enough, you can go even colder on the plug and it will say lit....8-10's no problem, and increase ignition timing even more. if you got cold fuel, cold plugs, cold cylinder temp, you can run a truck load of ignition timing, and the motor will just keep making power.

I do this on boat motors, and with 120-150 degree cylinder head temps i can run 40-50 deg total ignition timing at WOT in small block ford windsors with cast iron heads. your results will very, but you get the idea.

Go at it like this and the 9 is there all day, every day.

Thanks, Check out my emulsion thread and let me know your thoughts

Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:43 pm

Something else that comes to mind, is staggered jetting. The firing order you run has a great affect on the cylinder scavenging, causing an uneven draw on the boosters, making one or more richer. try staggering the jets 2 numbers, like primary left with secondary right, or primary to secondary, and vise verse. There could be as much as 10-20 hp in your findings.

Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:44 pm

No Plug Pics, But this was last sat, at 67 degrees and 49 dew point 50% hum, and a good pressure like 30.30?
I'm going back this sat one last run at 9's and the weather looks better, with a 30 dew point, good pressure and
about same humidity 50%, It should run 132 +

Attachments:
Byron.jpeg
Byron.jpeg [ 24.14 KiB | Viewed 167 times ]

Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:31 am
Reply to topic   [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4