View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 am

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Tach flutter 

I should also mention this is a c3 corvette so the batt is located behind the driver seat and uses about a 6" pos cable to the starter(I plan to replace it when I change the transmission because it's routed above). I considered wiring the box to the starter but I also want to add a 10ga from alt to the starter, so I decided to follow the instructions and hook the box directly to the batt. Not sure exactly where the stock alt charge wire feeds into the harness.

Sun Jul 10, 2016 4:03 pm

Been messing with the carb n some cosmetic junk, but I finally got to re-gapping the plugs to .030 and still flutters the same. So prob not ignition, guess I'll try a new tach next.

Sat Jul 23, 2016 6:39 pm

Finally tried another batt and unless this used batt causes the exact same problem, it's prob not the batt.

Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:54 am

Ok Made a new grd cable and cleaned contacts for a hidden one I didn't know about and the tach was less jumpy. So I cleaned every grd even if they looked good(the dash harness grd was flawless), but that didn't cure it the rest of the way. Then decided to grd the tach to the block with the main 2ga grd and still was the same, so I decided to run the msd signal wire directly to the batt(msd power n grd already are) incase the harness power was kinda screwy and nada.

Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:18 pm

New tach of same brand/model got here while I was sleeping and I just tried it out. I taped it around the column and wired it up with old tach still in place so I could back to back compare. It was a bad tach, CONFIRMED!

Only would flutter upper rpm last 500-1000ish before shift, orig was high gear then started in lower. I tested everything I could for free/easy and parts I hard like new valve springs or different ignition, but in the end guess I should of bought a new tach earlier. Well most the stuff I would of done eventually and some of it needed to be done.

Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:17 pm
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2