View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:20 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Programmable timing curve 

I have a Mallory max-fire dist I will be using shortly and a msd programmable box later, so I've been trying to research more about timing curves. I've tried to look into efi since it's kind similar and compared some of the LS msd chip curves(most don't seem to like them). Of course I'm familiar with sbc the all in by 2500-3000rpm for mech curve, but I find it hard to believe that is optimal.

I've read some stuff bout doping the curve at peak torque, adding/pulling a few degrees with rpm(some are fixes for dist problems) and of course using timing for launch control. I've often read about using the dyno to establish a curve as well, but never having used one wouldn't know if I needed hours or just a few pulls and what to look for exactly.

Just figured I'd post a base curve I was considering for the max-fire and see if I get any tips or recommendations of what to try. I know no engine details atm but I'll wait and see if I even get any reply's. mild sbc street/strip light-ish car

Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:47 am
Site Admin

Need to know engine details. With about 10-12 initial that ^^ would be an OK curve for a stock low compression 350.

Fri Apr 08, 2016 3:04 pm

Looks like I'm on the right path then

14 initial, comp is about 8:1

sportsman II unported heads
air gap intake
mild cam no stall

Fri Apr 08, 2016 4:37 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]