View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:50 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 New David Vizard carb book 

My pre-order has finally shipped(David Vizard's How to Super Tune and Modify Holley Carburetors), I kinda forgot about ordering it last November. It was suppose to ship in March I think and got pushed back all the way to October. I learned a lot between ordering that book and prob could of used it last spring and maybe not so much now. Still it'll be interesting to see what's in it and compare it to what I learned and tried.

Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:05 am

LOL got it in the mail today, that was quick said by wed. Anyways just flipped trhu it real quick lotta same stuff I've seen in mag/online articles or talked about on here. Saw a couple things that looked interesting and one thing that was cool and I didn't know about.

Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:33 am

Let us know what the cool stuff was and new things that you learned. Bob J

Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:53 pm

Well I been kinda flipping thru it but I gotta be in the mood to read cover to cover. Anyways the coolest thing I saw was how he used the new hp fuel bowls with center drain to circulate and keep cooler fuel in the bowls. He used the drains as a return with a small pump.

Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:25 am
Site Admin

Mine cam yesterday. I've looked at the pictures and glossed over the text. It's not what I thought it would be especially after the 30 year wait since Dave Emanuel's book. As far as I can see there are some important areas not discussed. I'll reserve my opinion until I have read it completely.

What I'd really like to do is to use it to spark some really in depth discussions on this forum. Perhaps we could have just on thread devoted to it.

Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:32 pm

Booster wrote:
Mine cam yesterday. I've looked at the pictures and glossed over the text. It's not what I thought it would be especially after the 30 year wait since Dave Emanuel's book. As far as I can see there are some important areas not discussed. I'll reserve my opinion until I have read it completely.

What I'd really like to do is to use it to spark some really in depth discussions on this forum. Perhaps we could have just on thread devoted to it.

I thought the same thing, kinda expected more and why I am saving it for later, too lesson the letdown. Still not saying it's not a good book. Just like some other books I have, not what I was hoping for. I was kinda suprised how he downtalked the dual plane cutout, I though he was pro edelbrock.

Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:08 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]